Kindergarten Entry Inventory
Kindergarten Entry Inventory (KEI) is a reliable reporting tool available at no
cost to schools. The Kindergarten Entry Inventory offers teachers an
instructional strategy for understanding and tracking students' proficiency
across both cognitive and non-cognitive domains at kindergarten entry. The Kindergarten
Entry Inventory is aligned to the Pennsylvania Early Learning Standards and Pennsylvania Core,
and therefore it complements and can help improve existing assessments and
Kindergarten Entry Inventory is not intended as a high stakes assessment for comparison
among early childhood programs, of teacher effectiveness, or as a high stakes
assessment of children.
districts are invited to register to use the Kindergarten Entry Inventory in
the 2015-16 school year. Registration deadline is August 15, 2015.
information and to register, email the name, email address and phone number of your main point of contact for the Inventory to RA-PWOCDELKEI@pa.gov.
Kindergarten Entry Inventory Introduction Video
By using the Kindergarten Entry Inventory:
- Teachers have a comprehensive understanding of children's skills as they enter their classroom. They can use this information to refine teaching practices and curriculum to meet the individual needs of their students so that students have the greatest opportunity for success.
- Families can become more engaged in their children's kindergarten experience when they know more about their children's skills early in the year and can reinforce skills building at home. Children whose parents are involved in their child's education are more likely to succeed.
- Teachers, principals and school administrators can focus training, professional development and resources in areas that will support student achievement.
- Schools and early childhood programs can evaluate aggregate data to align expectations, curriculum, professional development and family involvement to best prepare students for kindergarten.
- State policymakers can use aggregate longitudinal child outcome information to ensure that the state's educational system supports teachers, families and communities to maximize student achievement.
Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit in partnership with
the Office of Child Development and Early Learning provides a Kindergarten
Entry Inventory landing page that can be accessed at http://kei-pa.org.
All materials including the Inventory, asynchronous professional development,
proficient user assignment (log in required) , resources, KEI data entry system (log in
required) , and data system training snippets are housed on the landing page.