Assessment for the Career Education and Work Standards can take two forms. Some assessments help the school district, building, and/or organization plan for implementation. Other assessments help students understand themselves and the world of work.
Assess Implementation Using Standards Statements
These surveys help identify what each teacher is doing to address the Career Education and Work Standards. Use them to determine current practice in your building or district. This data is helpful when conducting a gap analysis.
Assess Implementation Using I-Statements
These surveys help identify what each teacher is doing to address the I-Statements that can be used as the foundation for a student portfolio. Use them to determine current practice in your building or district. This data is helpful when conducting a gap analysis.
To record your findings from the surveys and identify where the organization needs to increase effort to implement the standards and where there are already best practices occurring in the organization that could be expanded to serve all students, use the gap analysis chart that follows.
CareerZone is the place to learn about the many exciting careers in Pennsylvania. It Includes access to 3 assessments.
- Quick Assessment - Explore jobs that best match your personality. Are you realistic, investigative, artistic, social, enterprising, or conventional? Find out with this quick assessment. (Approximate completion time: 5 minutes)
- Interest Profiler - Discover what your interests are, and how they relate to the world of work. The Interest Profiler helps you decide what kinds of occupations and jobs you might want to explore based on your interests. (Approximate completion time: 30 minutes)
- Work Importance Profiler - What's important to you in a job? Discover how much you value achievement, independence, recognition, relationships, support, and working conditions in a job. Get a list of jobs that reflect your values. (Approximate completion time: 30 minutes)
- Majors and Careers Central - Learn about some of the over 600 majors and careers profiled at CollegeBoard.com. Explore college majors and careers.
Career and Job-Hunting Tests and Quizzes for Job-Seekers
The Quintessential Careers Network of Career Sites offers job-seekers numerous free career, job-search, and job-hunting related tests and quizzes to help empower you to propel your career. How prepared are you for the job market or your next career move? Take one of the tests; take 'em all!
- Are You Ready for Career Coaching? A Coachability Quotient Quiz -- a great tool to see if you're ready to work with a career coach to help you deal with job or career issues.
- Are You Sabotaging Your Career? A Quintessential Careers Quiz -- by your actions, reactions, attitudes, and behavior at work, you can be unintentionally sabotaging any chances you have for advancement. Are you sabotaging your career? Take the quiz!
- Career Activist Quiz: A Quintessential Careers Quiz -- a career activist is someone who is proactive in planning, evaluating, directing, and controlling his or her career. Are you a career activist? Take our quiz now!
- Career Branding: What's the Value of Your Personal Brand? A Quintessential Careers Quiz -- find the value of your personal brand image in maximizing your career brand for promotions and new jobs with this free quiz.
- Career Focus Quiz: A Quintessential Careers Quiz -- having a clear career focus -- an understanding of your career goals -- will help to achieve those dreams and goals. Do you have career focus? Take our quiz!
- College Grad Job-Hunting Readiness Quiz: A Quintessential Careers Quiz -- are you ready for your final exam? As graduation looms, see how ready are you for your career job-search.
- Consultant/Free Agent Quiz: A Quintessential Careers Quiz -- see what the results say about your tendencies toward a consulting career.
- Could You Benefit from a Professional Resume Writer? An Assessment for Job-seekers -- a great tool to help you judge whether you need the services of a professional resume writer.
- Cover Letter Quiz: A Quintessential Careers Quiz -- test your knowledge of cover letters with this detailed quiz.
- Distance Learning Self-Assessment Quiz -- find out how good a candidate are you for succeeding in distance-delivered courses.
- First Impressions Quiz A Quintessential Careers Quiz -- people form first impressions of you when networking, job-hunting, and at work. Do you know how to make a good first impression? Take this free quiz.
- International Job-Seeker Quiz -- check and see if you have what it takes to work internationally.
- Is Job Flexibility Right For You? A Quintessential Careers Quiz -- if you're considering some type of flexible working arrangement.
- Job Burnout Quiz: How Close Are You To Burning Out? See how close you are to job burnout.
- Job-Hunting Etiquette Quiz: A Quintessential Careers Quiz -- see if you know all the rules or protocols that should guide a job-seeker's conduct.
- Job Interviewing Quiz: A Quintessential Careers Quiz -- see if you're really ready for that next job interview.
- Job Satisfaction Quiz: A Quintessential Careers Quiz -- how satisfied are you with your current job and employer? Find out with this quiz.
- Job Skills Quiz: A Quintessential Careers Quiz -- test your knowledge of basic job-hunting skills and strategies.
- Marketability Test for Job-Seekers -- see what the results say about your readiness for your job-search.
- Marketing Yourself (in Your Career) Quiz -- see if you're doing enough marketing of yourself on the job to help you advance your career.
- Resume Quizzes for Job-Seekers -- How strong is your resume? Do you know the best ways to use your resume? Take one of our resume writing or strategy quizzes and test your knowledge!
- Salary Negotiation, Compensation, and Job Offer Quiz -- feel confident that you can negotiate the best compensation package from prospective employers? Test your skills.
- Team Player Assessment: Are You a Team Player? -- working in teams is an essential skill to master, so, what kind of team player are you? Take our quiz and find out!
- Teen Resume Writing Quiz -- teenage job-seekers can make a big impression on prospective employers by having a resume. Do you know how to write a teen resume? Take our quiz and find out!
- Time to Change Jobs ... or Careers? A Quintessential Careers Quiz -- how do you know when it's time to change jobs and when it's time to change careers? Take this quiz.
- You Need a Career or Life Coach if... -- do you need the assistance of a professional career or life coach? Take our quiz and decide for yourself.
- What's Your Degree of Analytical, Creative, and Practical Thinking? -- do you have the intelligence to do your job... to achieve success in life? Experts say that intelligence has three components, including analytical, creative, and practical thinking. Get your score.
- Workaholics Quiz: Do You Focus on Work Too Much? -- are you spending too much time at work? Do you find it hard to be away from work? Are you a workaholic? Find out.
- Work/Life Balance Quiz: A Quintessential Careers Quiz -- is your life in balance? Take this quiz, get your results, and find tips for getting your life in balance.
- Workplace Values Assessment -- use this exercise to determine your critical workplace values and find employment and employers that fit your values.
The Universal Encouragement Program (UEP) is an online guidance assessment designed to help counselors and other education support professionals document students' career and education needs, interests, and experiences. ESI has designed the assessments for the purpose of informing guidance and encouragement efforts that lead to improved educational attainment and career decision-making.
The UEP provides web-delivered guidance reports for individuals, cohorts, and selected groups of students.
- Enable targeted guidance and encouragement services
- Identify students who are disengaged and at risk of dropping out or not continuing with education or training beyond high school
- Provide a rationale and justification for program development - see at a glance the more popular student preferences for guidance and support services
- Document the effects of guidance programming efforts
- Inform parents/guardians and other care-givers in assisting youth to realize education and career goals
Through using the UEP assessments, you will have critical data to
- Identify students in need of guidance services
- Inform guidance program development
- Link education with postsecondary planning, workforce preparation, and career development
The assessment currently is available in English and Spanish in two forms: Form 1 is recommended for use with middle school/junior high school students ages 13 and up in grades 7-8. Form 2 is recommended for use with high school students ages 13 and up in grades 9-12. School or program registration is an online process that takes less than five minutes. Students generally take 10-20 minutes to complete the online assessments.