Certifying Official Newsletter No. 110
November 4, 2016
Special Workshop Issue
The Veterans/Military Education Division of the Pennsylvania Department of
Education will conduct five School Certifying Official Workshops in April 2017.
Workshops are scheduled as follows:
- April 18, 2017 – PaTTAN Center, Malvern, PA
- April 19, 2017 – PaTTAN Center, Harrisburg, PA
- April 20, 2017 – DeSales University, Center Valley, PA
- April 25, 2017 – Mercyhurst University, Main Campus, Erie, PA
- April 26, 2017 – CCAC Boyce Campus, Monroeville, PA
- April 27, 2017 – Pittsburgh Technical College, Oakdale, PA
These workshops are open to all persons at a school, college, or university who are concerned with or handle veterans education benefits. Please pass this newsletter along to any and all persons at your institution who may be interested in attending one of these workshops.
To register for a workshop, please send an e-mail with the following information to RA-VetEd@pa.gov
- Name(s) of person(s) attending
- Institution you will be representing
- E-mail address of each person attending
- Telephone number of each person attending
Registrations will conclude two weeks prior to each workshop.
Over the past four years the State Approving Agency has been assisting VA with Compliance Surveys. In most cases errors discovered in processing veterans education benefits can be traced to School Certifying Officials who have not attended any formal training offered by this office. Therefore, we are encouraging
all School Certifying Officials to attend one of our April 2017 workshops.
Share This Newsletter
This newsletter is being e-mailed to School Certifying Officials at each school. Please share this newsletter with all other Certifying Officials, the Bursar’s or Comptroller’s Office, Financial Aid Office and other interested individuals at your school. It is extremely important that the information in this newsletter receives the widest dissemination in order that veterans receive the GI Bill and other educational benefits to which they are entitled.