Pennsylvania requires assessment of all candidates in basic skills, general knowledge, professional knowledge and subject area knowledge before a certificate may be issued. Three documents are recommended reading:
- Policies and submission procedures in CSPG 21 - Testing. (PDF)
- Certification Test and Score Requirements (Excel)
- Composite Score Calculator (Excel)
- New SAT, ACT writing and composite score information is in the updated Certification Test and Score Requirements document.
- Composite basic skill scores are available for basic skills tests. A Composite Score Calculator is provided to calculate single and mixed series composite scores.
- Basic Skills Mathematics scores were revised in 2016. They are in the Certification Test and Score Requirements document linked above.
- Cooperative Education (test code 5961/5962). The new Cooperative Workforce Education test will be offered this fall. Contact your program advisor for updated information.
- Environmental Education (test code 0831). The deadline is extended until June 2017. Look for the “Special Administrations” link on the Praxis Pennsylvania page.
LINKS TO TEST REGISTRATION AND STUDY GUIDES
TESTING PASS RATE DATA