PDE > Teachers & Administrators > Certifications > Pennsylvania Certification > Applying for an Administrative, Supervisory or Superintendent Credential
Applying for an Administrative, Supervisory or Superintendent Credential
If you hold a comparable certificate from another state, an electronic or scanned copy of your state certificate may be uploaded into the TIMS application
When available, include the official state URL for verification of the current status of each license, and
Example: Pennsylvania's credential verification site URL is www.teachercertification.pa.gov
- Provide your unique educator identification number or other identifier needed to verify your credential
Example: Pennsylvania's credential verification site is www.teachercertification.pa.gov and the Professional Personnel ID (PPID) number is the unique identifier for Pennsylvania
Submit all relevant undergraduate and graduate transcripts in college-sealed, unopened envelopes from preparation program providers. When applicable, these will be used to verify:
Bachelor's degree conferral
- Program completion and/or required coursework for certification
- Field experience/practicum
Submit one Education Preparation Program Verification Form, PDE 338 A, for each preparation program completed as evidence of program completion and Practicum experience. Click on "Certifications" then "Certification Fees and Forms" under Resources. PA approved preparation programs are verified electronically through TIMS.
- Submit one Verification of Experience Form, PDE 338V, for each employer as proof of completion of required experience. PA experience will be verified electronically through TIMS. Details of required work experience can be found by clicking on "Pennsylvania Certification" then "Administrative/Supervision and Superintendent Certification" under Resources.
- Confirm that the required content area test score(s) have been reported to the Pennsylvania Department of Education directly from the test administrator – ETS, ACTFL, or ES Pearson. For test information, click on "Certifications" then "Certification Testing" under Resources.
- Complete and submit the application in TIMS for a comparable Pennsylvania certificate
- Electronic payment accepted in TIMS