PDE > Teachers & Administrators > Certifications > Pennsylvania Certification > Holds An Active Valid Certificate with Two Years of Experience
Holds an Active/Valid Certificate with Two Years of Experience (Instructional Only):
Submit official transcripts in college-sealed, unopened envelopes showing Bachelor's degree conferral from an accredited United States college or university
- Identify the comparable Pennsylvania certificate for which you will be applying (see Types of Certificates)
- Upload or mail a copy of your current and valid state certificate comparable to the PA certificate you are seeking
When available, include the official state URL for verification of the current status of each license, and
Example: Pennsylvania's credential verification site URL is www.teachercertification.pa.gov
- Provide your unique educator identification number or other identifier needed to verify your credential
Example: Pennsylvania's credential verification site is www.teachercertification.pa.gov and the Professional Personnel
ID (PPID) number is the unique identifier for Pennsylvania
Provide proof of two (2) years of classroom teaching experience by submitting the Verification of Experience Form, PDE 338V. Click on "Certifications" then "Certification Fees and Forms" under Resources. Submit one form for each non-PA public PK-12 employer.
- Confirm that the required content area test score(s) have been reported to the Pennsylvania Department of Education directly by the test administrator – ETS, ACTFL, or ES Pearson. For test information, click on "Certifications" then "Certification Testing" under Resources.
- Complete and submit the application in TIMS for a comparable Pennsylvania certificate
Electronic payment accepted in TIMS