PDE > Teachers & Administrators > Certifications > Pennsylvania Certification > Out of State Education from Multiple Preparation Programs
Out of State Education from Multiple Preparation Programs
Submit official transcripts in college-sealed, unopened envelopes showing Bachelor's degree conferral from an accredited college or university
- Submit an electronic or scanned copy of your state certificate by uploading into the TIMS application if you hold a comparable certificate from another state.
- When available, include the official state URL for verification of the current status of each license, and
Example: Pennsylvania's credential verification site URL is www.teachercertification.pa.gov
- Provide your unique educator identification number or other identifier needed to verify your credential
Example: Pennsylvania's credential verification site is www.teachercertification.pa.gov and the Professional Personnel ID (PPID) number is the unique identifier for Pennsylvania
- Submit all undergraduate and graduate transcripts in college-sealed, unopened envelopes from all preparation programs attended. When applicable, these will be used to verify:
Bachelor's degree conferral
- 3.0 GPA
- Program completion and/or required coursework for certification
- Student teaching and/or field experience/practicum
- Submit one Education Preparation Program Verification Form, PDE 338A, for each preparation program completed as evidence of program completion and Practicum experience. Click on "Certifications" then "Certification Fees and Forms" under Resources. PA approved preparation programs are verified electronically through TIMS.
If you did not complete student teaching, we will accept one year of certificated experience in the area of certification application.
- Submit one Verification of Experience Form, PDE 338V, for each employer. Click on "Certifications" then "Certification Fees and Forms" under Resources. PA public PK-12 experience will be verified electronically via the TIMS system.
- Confirm that the required content area test score(s) and the Pennsylvania Academic Pre-professional Assessment (PAPA) have been reported to the Pennsylvania Department of Education directly from the test administrator – ETS, ACTFL, or ES Pearson. The basic skills test is not required for post-baccalaureate instructional program completers. For test information, click on "Certification" then "Certification Testing" under Resources.
- Complete and submit the application in TIMS for a comparable Pennsylvania certificate
Electronic payment accepted in TIMS