Psycho-Educational Testing Specialist and Reading Educational Testing Specialist
Section 63.11. Educational testing specialists.
An educational testing specialist administers specialized reading and psycho-educational tests and prescribes programs of remediation for school age students.
An educational testing specialist in a psycho-educational testing center shall meet one of the following requirements:
- Be a graduate of an approved college or university and hold a Pennsylvania professional school psychologist certificate.
- Meet the standards established by the Board for a school psychologist which include the following:
- A master's degree in psychology with 40 credits of graduate course work in psychology.
- A core concentration of psychology work appropriate to professional work with school age children.
- Licensure from the Pennsylvania Board of Psychologist Examiners as a Psychologist.
- An educational testing specialist in a reading center shall be one of the following:
- A graduate of an approved college or university and hold a Pennsylvania professional reading specialist certificate.
- A graduate of an approved college or university and shall submit documentary evidence of the successful completion of a minimum of 30 semester hours in reading, tests and measurements and related areas.