2020 PDE Data Summit
Focus Your Data for School Improvement
The Pennsylvania Department of Education’s (PDE) annual Data Summit offers attendees an opportunity to learn, network, ask questions about, and discuss education data with peers and leaders from across the state and nation. Keynote speakers and breakout sessions are strategically coordinated to provide attendees with information, resources, and tools on a wide variety of topics that change each year. From data governance, to reporting school data, to improving data quality, to making data decisions and more, dozens of topics are explored at PDE’s Data Summit each year. Our goal is for each attendee to experience impactful professional learning opportunities, gain technical skills, and return to their school community with a better understanding of data and how they can use it to support and benefit the students they serve.
Summit Dates: Sunday, March 15th to Wednesday, March 18th, 2020
Official Hashtag: #PDEDataSummit2020
Make a reservation at the Hershey Lodge for the PDE Data Summit.
The Data Summit room block at the Hershey Lodge is over 80% full. Use the link above to secure your room at the discounted Data Summit room rate today.
- Sunday: Bradley J. Geise, Education for the Future, California State University, Chico
- Monday: Secretary Rivera, Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Monday Lunch: Joseph Franklin, Qlik, Data Scientist, Knowledge and Learning
- Tuesday: Ethan S. Ake-Little, Ph.D.
- Executive Director of AFT Pennsylvania
- Quantitative Methods Instructor at Temple University College of Education
Main Topic Tracks
- Future Ready PA Index
- PIMS Collections & PIMS Administrators
- School Improvement
- STEM Data & Programs
- Data Use & Outcomes
- Data Governance & Data Quality
- Special Education
- Technical Skills
DQN Data Governance Award of Excellence
The Data Quality Network would like to acknowledge outstanding contributions to the quality of data within Pennsylvania schools. The award will be presented to honor a member of a data governance team who has exhibited dedication, leadership, and commitment to the establishment and growth of data governance either within their organization or on a regional or statewide scale.
The DQN Data Governance Award of Excellence will again be presented at the annual Data Summit.
- 2019 - Mary Ann Calderone, PA Distance Learning Charter School
- 2018 - Donna Loy, Hempfield Area SD
- 2017 - Diane Szader, Wallenpaupack Area SD
Data Summit Volunteer of the Year
The Data Summit Team would like to recognize one volunteer per year that goes above and beyond to help plan and organize this year's event. The volunteer team is selected from a pool of applicants, and this award honors just one individual out this engaged and dedicated group.
- 2019 -Anita Danielson, Seneca Highlands IU 9; Danielle Stanislawczyk, Delaware County IU 25; Marsha Hughes, Beaver Valley IU 27
- 2018 - Sabrina Dalusio, Montgomery County IU23
- 2017 - Greg Hess, Lancaster-Lebanon IU13
Unless Governor Wolf declares a State of Emergency, the PDE Data Summit will run as scheduled, regardless of weather. The cancelation policies found on the Attendee Information and Exhibitor Information pages will apply.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Refunds (minus a $25 administrative/processing fee) will be granted to registrants who cancel by email at
RA-EDPDEDataSummit@pa.gov at least 20 business days prior to the event (cancellation notices must be received by 4 p.m. on Friday, February 14, 2020, to receive a refund).
Refunds will not be provided to registrants who neither cancel nor attend the event. Confirmed registrants who are unable to attend the event may send a substitute in their place at no additional cost. Substitution information must be received by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (RA-EDPDEDataSummit@pa.gov) two full business days (Thursday, March 12, 2020) before the start of the event.