2022 PDE Data Summit
A New Beginning: Cultivating Safe and Equitable Systems for School Improvement
The Pennsylvania Department of Education's (PDE) 2022 Data Summit is being schedule for onsite in Hershey. However, the team does have a contingency plan, and we will be ready to go virtual, if necessary. If the Summit must be held virtually, there will be a price reduction from what your originally see from our onsite registration costs. Either way, participants will have opportunities to learn, connect, ask questions, and discuss education data with school staff and educators from across the state. Keynote speakers and breakout sessions will offer information, resources, and tools on a wide variety of topics, from reporting school data and improving data quality, to school improvement, to equity and inclusion, making data decisions, cybersecurity, and more. Our goal is for attendees to experience impactful professional learning opportunities, gain technical skills, and leave with a better understanding of data and how it can be used to support and benefit the school communities they serve.
Summit Dates: March 21, 2022 - March 23, 2022
Official Event Hashtag: #PDEDataSummit2022
- Dr. Noe Ortega, Secretary of Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Bradley Geise, Senior Director at Education for the Future, California State University, Chico
- Ethan Ake-Little, Executive Director at American Federation of Teachers, AFT PA
Main Topic Tracks
- PIMS Collections & Administrator Info
- PDE Guidance & Initiatives
- School Improvement
- Equity & Inclusion
- Social Emotional Learning
- Cybersecurity & Virtual Learning
- Special Education
- STEM Data & Programs
- Data Use & Visualization
- Data Quality & Teams
DQN Data Governance Award of Excellence
The Data Quality Network would like to acknowledge outstanding contributions to the quality of data within Pennsylvania schools. The award will be presented to honor a member of a data governance team who has exhibited dedication, leadership, and commitment to the establishment and growth of data governance either within their organization or on a regional or statewide scale.
The DQN Data Governance Award of Excellence will again be presented at the annual Data Summit.
- 2021 - BJ Fialkovich, Propel Schools
- 2020 - Brad Showers, Upper Adams School District
- 2019 - Mary Ann Calderone, PA Distance Learning Charter School
- 2018 - Donna Loy, Hempfield Area SD
- 2017 - Diane Szader, Wallenpaupack Area SD
Data Summit Volunteer of the Year
The Data Summit Team would like to recognize one volunteer per year that goes above and beyond to help plan and organize this year's event. The volunteer team is selected from a pool of applicants, and this award honors just one individual out this engaged and dedicated group.
- 2019 -Anita Danielson, Seneca Highlands IU 9; Danielle Stanislawczyk, Delaware County IU 25; Marsha Hughes, Beaver Valley IU 27
- 2018 - Sabrina Dalusio, Montgomery County IU23
- 2017 - Greg Hess, Lancaster-Lebanon IU13