2022 PDE Data Summit
A New Beginning: Cultivating Safe and Equitable Systems for School Improvement
The Pennsylvania Department of Education's (PDE) 2022 Data Summit is being scheduled for onsite in Hershey. However, the team does have a contingency plan, and we will be ready to go virtual, if necessary. If the Summit must be held virtually, there will be a price reduction from what you originally see from our onsite registration costs. Either way, participants will have opportunities to learn, connect, ask questions, and discuss education data with school staff and educators from across the state. Keynote speakers and breakout sessions will offer information, resources, and tools on a wide variety of topics, from reporting school data and improving data quality, to school improvement, to equity and inclusion, making data decisions, cybersecurity, and more. Our goal is for attendees to experience impactful professional learning opportunities, gain technical skills, and leave with a better understanding of data and how it can be used to support and benefit the school communities they serve.
Summit Dates: March 21, 2022 - March 23, 2022
Official Event Hashtag: #PDEDataSummit2022
Data Summit Session
Data Summit Session Descriptions (Excel)
- Dr. Noe Ortega, Secretary of Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Bradley Geise, Senior Director at Education for the Future, California State University, Chico
- Ethan Ake-Little, Director of Human Resources, Wallingford-Swarthmore School District; Board Member, Pennsylvania Science Teachers Association; Former Executive Director at American Federation of Teachers, AFT PA
Main Topic Tracks
- PIMS Collections & Administrator Info
- PDE Guidance & Initiatives
- School Improvement
- Equity & Inclusion
- Social Emotional Learning
- Cybersecurity & Virtual Learning
- Special Education
- Data Use & Visualization
DQN Data Governance Award of Excellence
The Data Quality Network would like to acknowledge outstanding contributions to the quality of data within Pennsylvania schools. The award will be presented to honor a member of a data governance team who has exhibited dedication, leadership, and commitment to the establishment and growth of data governance either within their organization or on a regional or statewide scale.
The DQN Data Governance Award of Excellence will again be presented at the annual Data Summit during Tuesday lunch. Make your nominations using the
DQN DG AOE link by January 31, 2022.
- 2021 - BJ Fialkovich, Propel Schools
- 2020 - Brad Showers, Upper Adams School District
- 2019 - Mary Ann Calderone, PA Distance Learning Charter School
- 2018 - Donna Loy, Hempfield Area SD
- 2017 - Diane Szader, Wallenpaupack Area SD
Data Summit Volunteer of the Year
The Data Summit Team would like to recognize one volunteer per year that goes above and beyond to help plan and organize this year's event. The volunteer team is selected from a pool of applicants, and this award honors just one individual out this engaged and dedicated group.
- 2019 -Anita Danielson, Seneca Highlands IU 9; Danielle Stanislawczyk, Delaware County IU 25; Marsha Hughes, Beaver Valley IU 27
- 2018 - Sabrina Dalusio, Montgomery County IU23
- 2017 - Greg Hess, Lancaster-Lebanon IU13
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Refunds (minus a $25 administrative/processing fee will be granted to registrants who cancel by email at RA-EDPDEDATASUMMIT@pa.gov at least 20 business days prior to the event. Cancellation notices must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 22, 2022, to receive a refund.
Refunds will not be provided to registrants who neither cancel nor attend the event. Confirmed registrants who are unable to attend the event may send a substitute in their place at no additional cost. Substitution information must be received by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (RA-EDPDEDATASUMMIT@pa.gov) two full business days (Wednesday, March 16, 2022) before the start of the event.