2023 PDE Data Summit
Understanding Your Data: Uplifting Students, Classrooms, and Schools
The 2023 PDE Data Summit will be held at the Hershey Lodge & Convention Center. Participants will have opportunities to learn, connect, ask questions, and discuss education data with school staff and leaders from across the state. Keynote speakers and breakout sessions will offer information, resources, and tools on a wide variety of topics, from reporting school data, improving data quality and making data-based decisions, to data governance, school improvement, cybersecurity, SEL, and more. Attendees will experience impactful professional learning opportunities, gain technical skills, and leave with a better understanding of their data and how it can be used to support and benefit the school communities they serve.
Summit Dates: March 27, 2023 - March 29, 2023
Event Location: Hershey Lodge 325 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033
Hershey Lodge Accommodations: Reserve your Hotel Room
Official Event Hashtag: #PDEDataSummit2023
Ms. Kerry Gallagher||||
Professor Nora Gordon|
Main Topic Tracks
- Special Education
- K-12 Continuous School/District Improvement
- PA Department of Education Guidance
- PIMS Administrators
- Appreciate your role in supporting a culture of quality data
- Recognize the impacts of cyber and data security practices to ensure confidentiality of student data
- Understand the data you have to improve your school, the resources to make it happen, and the network to support you
- Expand your knowledge of the tools, technology, and techniques to generate accurate and timely data
- Increase your use of data-driven decision making, to improve school and educator performance
DQN Data Governance Award of Excellence
The Data Quality Network would like to acknowledge outstanding contributions to the quality of data within Pennsylvania schools. The award will be presented to honor a member of a data governance team who has exhibited dedication, leadership, and commitment to the establishment and growth of data governance either within their organization or on a regional or statewide scale.
The DQN Data Governance Award of Excellence will again be presented at the annual Data Summit during Tuesday lunch. Make your nominations using the
DQN DG AOE link, nominations open October 19, 2022 and end January 13, 2023.
- 2022 - Lori Moyer, Conrad Weiser Area School District
- 2021 - BJ Fialkovich, Propel Schools
- 2020 - Brad Showers, Upper Adams School District
- 2019 - Mary Ann Calderone, PA Distance Learning Charter School
- 2018 - Donna Loy, Hempfield Area School District
- 2017 - Diane Szader, Wallenpaupack Area School District
Data Summit Volunteer of the Year
The Data Summit Team would like to recognize one volunteer per year that goes above and beyond to help plan and organize this year's event. The volunteer team is selected from a pool of applicants, and this award honors just one individual out this engaged and dedicated group.
- 2021 - Stacey McCreary, Chester County IU 24
- 2019 - Anita Danielson, Seneca Highlands IU 9; Danielle Stanislawczyk, Delaware County IU 25; Marsha Hughes, Beaver Valley IU 27
- 2018 - Sabrina Dalusio, Montgomery County IU 23
- 2017 - Greg Hess, Lancaster-Lebanon IU 13
Attendee Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Refunds (minus a $25 administrative/processing fee will be granted to registrants who cancel by email at
RA-EDPDEDATASUMMIT@pa.gov at least 20 business days prior to the event. Cancellation notices must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 24, 2023, to receive a refund.
Refunds will not be provided to registrants who neither cancel nor attend the event. Confirmed registrants who are unable to attend the event may send a substitute in their place at no additional cost. Substitution information must be received by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (RA-EDPDEDATASUMMIT@pa.gov) two full business days (Wednesday, March 22, 2023) before the start of the event.