TIMS Educator Online Certification System
Submit an Emergency Permit
Welcome to the Division of Certification Services User Guide for TIMS! TIMS, the Teacher Information Management System, is a one-stop shop that offers a variety of certification functions for educators, school administrators, and the public. If you are accessing TIMS as a Personal User, you can apply for a certification, view and update your personal information, print a copy of your certificate, and complete additional functions as a current or future educator.
If you are interested in becoming a substitute teacher, please contact the school district(s) where you wish to apply for more information on requirements, processes, and procedures PRIOR to submitting this application request. The application process requires listing a PA Local Education Agency. The hiring district completes the hiring process, including setting the compensation rate and designating assignments.
If you have any additional questions, please email our office at RA-EDCertQuestions@pa.gov or call (717) PA-TEACH.
We highly recommend using Microsoft Edge or Mozilla Firefox to access TIMS. Chrome and Safari users experience technical difficulties.
This page offers a step-by-step guide to submitting an emergency permit:
- Login to TIMS
- Create a Username and Password
- Select "Emergency Permit Application"
- Complete the Demographic Details Section
- Complete the Certification Section
- Review/ Complete the Affiliation Details Section
- Complete the LEA (Local Education Agency) Section
- Complete the Background Questions Section
- Review and Complete the Code of Conduct and Affidavit Section
- Check Status of Application
- Submit Pending Documentation