IU Executive Director PK-12 Letter Requirements
Letter of Eligibility (90)
- Holds a baccalaureate degree from a regionally or nationally accredited college/university.
- Satisfies the requirements set forth in 24 P.S. § 12-1209 relating to good moral character.
- Completes a Pennsylvania-approved, graduate-level IU Executive Director certification program that includes an internship/practicum or an equivalent out-of-state program – a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) is required – OR holds a master's or doctorate degree plus 40 hours of graduate study successfully completed at a state-approved college or university.
- Provides verification of six years of experience in education work at the elementary, secondary, county office, intermediate unit, the Department, or state-approved college or university level. In three of these six years, the applicant shall have served successfully in a management or supervisory capacity.
- Provides evidence of satisfactory achievement on the Pennsylvania-required test.
Submitting an Application
I completed an approved preparation program in Pennsylvania or am applying based on my degree/graduate-level credits.
If applying based on an approved preparation program in Pennsylvania, be sure to answer 'yes' when TIMS asks if a Pennsylvania institution will verify that you meet certification requirements for the certificate you are applying for.
If applying based on your degree and graduate-level credits, be sure to answer 'no' when TIMS asking if a Pennsylvania institution will verify that meet certification requirements for the certificate you are applying for.