Begin Main Content Area

Standard Application for Teaching Positions in Pennsylvania Public Schools

Act 107 of 1996 (24 P.S. §12-1204.1) requires that a standard employment application be used by public school districts in Pennsylvania.

This page contains the Standard Application for teaching positions in Pennsylvania public schools in three formats:

Please download your preferred format, complete, and submit to the district to which you are applying. 

24 P.S. §12-1204.1 Standard employment application

Frequently Asked Questions

Expand AllClick here for a more accessible version

Where can I obtain an application?

Do all Pennsylvania School Districts use the standard application?

Give me an example of "other application requirements."

May I photocopy the application and send it to a number of school districts?

Can the essay be typed or must it be handwritten?

On page three in the Student Teaching References section, please clarify whether school districts want letters of references or evaluations.

I am currently employed as a teacher. Do I have to complete the section on student or practice teaching on page three?

I was employed as a teacher three years ago. Do I have to complete the section on student or practice teaching on page three?

Are intermediate units and vocational-technical schools using the application?

Is the application to be used for administrative positions or other non-teaching positions?

I am a U.S. military veteran. Where can I include this information on the application?

On page 5 of the application under Act 34 Compliance, I am required to submit a copy of a report of Criminal History Record Information. How do I go about getting this?

What is the effective date for using the standard application?

Does the application have to be used for substitute part-time teachers?

I currently have a Standard Application on file with several school districts. Since there is a revised version of the application, must I now submit new applications to these school districts?