Educator Talent Pool
The Pennsylvania Department of Education maintains a talent pool of emerging classroom leaders who may be considered for membership on advisory boards and task forces, as well as candidates for special recognition programs.
The talent pool currently seeks secondary educators (grades 7-12) with a minimum of five years of experience in education who are likely to remain in education for the next 20-25 years. Talent pool candidates should be building-level personnel and are typically classroom teachers, but a principal or specialist may be considered. Candidates should possess the following traits:
- Exceptional educational talent as evidenced by effective instructional practices and student learning results in the classroom and school
- Exemplary educational accomplishments beyond the classroom that provide models of excellence for the profession
- Individuals whose contributions to education are largely unheralded yet worthy of the spotlight
- Early to mid-career educators who offer strong, long-range potential for professional and policy leadership
- Engaging and inspiring presence that motivates and impacts students, colleagues, and the community
Please consider nominating someone via the Educator Talent Pool Recommendation Form. A completed Talent Pool Form, resume of the nominee, and a one page recommendation letter that addresses the above criteria must be sent via U.S. Mail and post-marked no later than May 17, 2019, to:
Dr. Nicholas Blanch
Division of Planning, Bureau of School Support
Pennsylvania Department of Education
333 Market Street; 3rd Floor
Harrisburg, PA 17126-0333
Please note: submissions should be kept confidential and should not be shared with the individual nominated.
Questions? Contact Nicholas Blanch: 717-346-4369 or email@example.com