Nominate an Exceptional Educator
The Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) seeks nominations of exceptional educators for a variety of exclusive opportunities and experiences, including:
- Membership on advisory boards, task forces, and work groups
- Nomination for award and recognition programs
- Featured highlight for Schools That Teach Tour visits
Nominate an exceptional K-12 teacher, principal, or specialist with a minimum of five years of experience in education and a (preferable) combination of the features below:
- Exceptional instructional practices and student learning results in classroom and school settings
- Exemplary educational accomplishments beyond the classroom that provide models of excellence for the profession
- Significant and unique contributions to education that are worthy of the spotlight and may traditionally be unrecognized
- A strong, long-range potential for professional and policy leadership in education
- An engaging and inspiring presence that motivates and impacts students, colleagues, and the community
To nominate a deserving candidate, please complete the Pennsylvania Department of Education's Exceptional Educator Nomination Form. This online webform also requires you to upload the nominees' resume and a one-page recommendation letter addressing the criteria in the form. Information provided within each submission is confidential and should not be shared with the nominee.
Nominations will be reviewed on a quarterly basis and will remain active for available opportunities for two years from the nomination due date. The current round of nominations will be accepted through October 15, 2020.
Please direct all questions to Dr. Nicholas Blanch: 717-346-4369 or
On behalf of the Secretary of Education, thank you for helping us elevate and celebrate Pennsylvania's exceptional education leaders, and those who go above and beyond to ensure all learners have access to a high-quality education.