Professional Personnel Development Centers Grants
Funding Source: State Appropriation and Federal Perkins Funds
Grant Program Name: Funding for the Career and Technical Education
Professional Personnel Development Centers
Application for this grant is done
electronically using the eGrants system that requires a password. Please read
the Funding Guidelines below before using eGrants: http://www.egrants.pa.gov
Other Current Information:
Once approved as a funding entity, Funding
(PDF) will be made available. Submit the application via the PDE
Program Description: To provide an alternative education preparation
system for career and technical teachers:
- Comprehensive career and technical education preparation programs for
teachers, administrators, and other support staff
- Teacher pre-service
- Teacher in-service
- Continuous teacher professional development services
- Support research in career and technical education
- Occupational competency assessment
Restrictions on Funding:
- Eligibility of the institution
- List of eligible expenditures
Eligible Entities and/or Partners: To qualify, the institution must:
- Be approved to recommend to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania certificates in
Career and Technical Intern/Instructional I and II, Cooperative Education,
Career and Technical Supervisor, and Career and Technical Administrative
- Be approved to recommend to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania instructional
certificates in at least two career and technical education service areas.
- Be approved to offer an Occupational Competency Assessment program.
- Be approved to award 24 semester hours of collegiate credit to students who
have earned 90 semester hours of collegiate credit and who have successfully
completed the Occupational Competency Assessment program.
- Agree to implement the competency-based career and technical teacher
- Designate a Center Director who is a career and technical educational leader
and who has the experience, ability, and authority to manage the Center.
- Submit signed assurance statements.
- Submit a proposal that meets the objectives of the funding category.
Method of Distribution: Funds are distributed to qualified agencies.