|Step 3||The school community develops, articulates, and effectively communicates a shared vision of student social, emotional, and academic development via the Career Ready Skills framework.|
- LEA administrators complete the LEA Self- Assessment.
- School stakeholders create a shared vision for the PA CRS.
- PA CRS vision aligns to school's mission statement, comprehensive school plan and vision.
|Step 4||The steering committee conducts a needs and resources assessment.|
Use existing data: Pennsylvania Youth Survey (PAYS), School Climate Survey, Safe Schools Report data, SAP data, etc., to answer the following questions:
- How socially and emotionally competent are our students?
- What problems are our students experiencing?
- What is the quality of the learning environment?
- What are the needs of school staff, families, and business and community partners?
- What is the readiness of the school community to implement Career Ready Skills as a schoolwide priority?
- In what ways do our existing policies, programs, and practices promote social and emotional development?
- Do our programs use consistent language and strategies for teaching our children Career Ready Skills?
- Are our efforts coordinated and systematic, creating a synergy that enhances desired outcomes and effectively using our resources?
- What's missing?