Governor Wolf has proposed comprehensive charter school reform legislation that would:
- Establish performance standards that hold charter schools accountable for the educational outcomes of students and a moratorium on new cyber charter schools.
- Cap student enrollment in low performing cyber charter schools until outcomes improve.
- Require charter management companies be subject to the Right to Know Act, State Ethics Act, and post employee salaries on PDE's website, similar to requirements already in place for public school districts.
- Create fair, predictable, and equitable funding for school districts, including in the areas of special education funding and cyber charter tuition payments.
- Establish a charter school funding commission to make recommendations on additional charter school funding reforms.
Read more about Governor Wolf's legislative proposals.