2021-22 State Competition
There will not be a regional qualifying competition this school year.
There will be one competition (the state competition) and it will be held in April of 2022.
- There are two divisions for the 2021-22 state competition that will consist of:
- Division 1: Those who competed in the STATE COMPETITION in the last 5 years
- Division 2: Those who have not competed in the STATE COMPETITION in the last 5 years
- The state team is using the PIL regions to break teams out and encourage IU collaboration to support teams that fall under each PIL region. Direct support will come from the regional level IU point of contact.
- The stipend amount to be distributed to each team will be $600.
- Funding will be distributed as soon as possible.
- Breakdown of a timeline of the competition.
- Breakdown of the virtual presentation options that teams may engage in.
- Please note: all members of the team should be part of the video presentation.
- The state competition rubric is available below. The media release form is available under "Registration" on the Advisors/Students section of this website.
- Please review the above expectations carefully with student participants. If a team is unable to move forward with the competition, please notify our team no later thank January 14, 2022: firstname.lastname@example.org
The competition will be comprised of two phases and each phase will be evaluated by a panel of judges. Teams will be required to submit a written proposal and a multimedia presentation no longer than 20 minutes in length. More information on each phase is below:
- Phase 1 – Device or Project Documentation: 2,000-word document submitted no later than April 18, 2022.
- Phase 2 – Device or Project Presentation: 20-minute max presentation recorded and submitted no later than April 18, 2022.
Mr. Christopher Cherny
Assistant Director for Personnel Services – Educational Consultants, PaTTAN
At the completion of the competition, Grand Champion, First Runner Up, Second Runner Up and Third Runner Up teams will be recognized for each division.
Three special awards have been developed to honor contributions made to the Commonwealth that will impact the medical, sustainability, and survivability needs of all citizens of Pennsylvania. Each project has been placed into one of three categories (medical, sustainability, survivability) based on their project description submitted to the STEM team. The three teams from each division will be notified that their project has been awarded one of these category awards.