2022-2023 State Competition
There will not be a regional qualifying competition this school year.
There will be one competition (the state competition) and it will be held in a hybrid format for 2023.
- There are two divisions for the 2022-2023 state competition that will consist of:
Division 1: Those who competed in the STATE COMPETITION in the last 5 years
Division 2: Those who have not competed in the STATE COMPETITION in the last 5 years
- The state team is using the
PIL regions to break teams out and encourage IU collaboration to support teams that fall under each PIL region.
Direct support will come from the regional level IU point of contact.
- The stipend amount to be distributed to each team will be $600.
- Funding will be distributed as soon as possible.
Breakdown of a timeline of the competition.
Breakdown of the virtual presentation options that teams may engage in.
- The state competition rubric is available below. The media release form is available under "Registration" on the
Advisors/Students section of this website.
- Please review the above expectations carefully with student participants. If a team is unable to move forward with the competition, please notify our team no later than December 15, 2022 at email@example.com
The competition will require a written and video submission that will be evaluated by a panel of judges.
Written Proposal: Minimum 500, Maximum 2,000-word document submitted no later than February 6, 2023.
Video Presentation: 10-minute minimum, 20-minute maximum presentation recorded and submitted no later than February 6, 2023.
Mr. Christopher Cherny
Assistant Director for Personnel Services – Educational Consultants, PaTTAN
Mrs. Melissa Howell
Customer Service Representative, PaTTAN
Mrs. Tara Russo
Educational Consultant, PaTTAN
At the completion of the competition, Grand Champion, First Runner Up, Second Runner Up and Third Runner Up teams will be recognized for each division.
Three special awards have been developed to honor contributions made to the Commonwealth that will impact the medical, sustainability, and survivability needs of all citizens of Pennsylvania.
Each project has been placed into one of three categories (medical, sustainability, survivability) based on their project description submitted to the STEM team.