Science for All Summit
June 27 -28, 2019
Raising awareness, elevating best practices, and providing professional learning for educators
As one of the fastest growing sectors in Pennsylvania's economy, there are 18,000+ unfilled computer science jobs with an average salary of $80,000 and a projected growth of up to 26% annually. To help meet this career demand and fill the gap, Pennsylvania, under the leadership of Governor Tom Wolf and Secretary Pedro Rivera, is working to create and offer opportunities for every learner in computer science. Over the past year, more than 1,300 educators were trained to utilize computer science resources from Code.org, Pennsylvania's State Board of Education voluntarily endorsed the Computer Science Teachers Association K-12 Computer Science Standards, and Governor Wolf become a leading member of the Governor's for Computer Science Initiative. The Pennsylvania Computer Science for All Summit is being coordinated to offer educators, school leaders, and stakeholders the opportunity to expand their knowledge and skillset so they can support and provide students with computer science experiences.
Bernard A. Harris, Jr. - Chief Executive Officer, National Math and Science Initiative & Astronaut,
Katie Hendrickson - Director of State Government Affairs for Code.org
Girls Who Code, Birdbrain Technologies, Counselors 4 Computing, Code.org, CSforPhilly, CSforPittsburgh, Remake Learning, Pittsburgh Regional STEM Ecosystem, PA SEED Ecosystem, Alleghany Intermediate Unit 3, Delaware County Intermediate Unit
- Act 48 Credit
- Certified in K-5 CS Fundamentals
- Computational Thinking
- Design Thinking
- Professional Learning:
- Code.org - K-5 Computer Science Fundamentals
- Computer Science Tools
- Computer Science for Administrators
- Computational Thinking
- Computer Science Awareness:
- What's Happening In Pennsylvania
- Counselor's 4 Computing
- Computer Science Exploration Space
- Panel Discussions
- Implementation: Building a Pathway from K to the Workforce
- Computer Science Policy: National and Local Trends
- Equity and Access: Building Entry Points for Every Learner
for the Computer Science for All Summit
Make your organization's commitment to Computer Science for Every Learner by sending an email with your commitment information to: CSForAllCommitments@pattan.net
- Increase the number educators skilled to provide Computer Science Fundamentals to learners across the commonwealth.
- Build educators knowledge of exemplar models to implement computer science K-12
- Build knowledge and skills on how to use tools like the Raspbery Pi, Microbit and Arduino as a conduit for students to learn Computer Science.
- Increase awareness of the need for computer science education for every learner
- Build a cohort of school counselors who can be Computer Science Champions.
- Increase the number of educational leaders prepared to provide high quality computer science experiences for every learner.
View a list of hotels offering discounted or per diem rates located near PaTTAN Harrisburg