Begin Main Content Area

Letters of Equivalency

These questions and answers are based on September 1999 regulations, and are subject to change by the Pennsylvania State Board of Education and/or the General Assembly.

A Bachelor’s or Master’s Letter of Equivalency is used only for a salary increase.  It will not satisfy certification regulations that require an earned degree.


Expand AllClick here for a more accessible version

Master's Equivalency (MEQ)

​Bachelor's Equivalency (BEQ)