Begin Main Content Area

​​Accessibility Information

Accessible websites ensure that as many people as possible can use internet-based information and services, regardless of their ability.

The Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) is committed to providing equitable access to the information placed on its website. If the format of any material on our website interferes with your ability to access information, please let us know: To enable PDE to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of the accessibility problem, the web address of the requested material, your preferred format in which you want to receive the material (electronic format (ASCII, etc.), standard print, large print, etc.), and your contact information.

If you wish to file a complaint related to the accessibility of any content on a Pennsylvania Department of Education website, you may do so in any of the following ways:

  1. Email  Please include the web address or URL along with a detailed description of the problems you have encountered.
  2. Submit written correspondence to:  PDE Section 508 Coordinators, Forum Building, 607 South Drive, Harrisburg, PA  17120.  In your correspondence, please include the web address or URL along with a detailed description of the problems you have encountered.

If you wish to file a formal grievance under Section 504 and Title II, please submit your written complaint to:

PDE Section 504 Coordinator
Forum Building
607 South Drive
Harrisburg, PA  17120​​

In your written complaint, please include the name and address of the individual filing the compliant, the problem or action that is alleged to be discriminatory and the remedy or relief sought.  Once the written complaint is received, the Section 504 Coordinator (or his/her designee) shall conduct an investigation of the complaint.  Thereafter, the Section 504 Coordinator will issue a written decision concerning the complaint no later than 30 days after receipt of the filing.

The availability and use of this grievance procedure does not prevent an individual from filing a complaint of discrimination on the basis of disability with the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.