Begin Main Content Area

CSPG 11 - Personal Information Changes for Certificate Holders

Modified: August 1, 2014

General Policies

It is the responsibility of each certified individual to inform the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s Bureau of School Leadership and Teacher Quality and your employer of any personal information changes.

  1. Application Procedure for Name, Social Security Number and Citizenship Status Changes
    Requests are submitted via an online application using the Teacher Information Management System (TIMS).
    • No fee is required.
    • To apply, click on Profile Change Application on the TIMS dashboard, then select the type (Name, SSN, Citizenship) from the drop down menu.
    • Upload or mail a proof document with a cover sheet using the table to guide you:
​To Change
​Submit on of the following proof documents
​Name​Copy of a marriage certificate
Copy of official court documents
Notarized statement using form PDE 338 D found on PDE’s website
​Social Security Number
​Copy of your social security card
​Citizenship*​Copy of the front and back of your current visa
Copy of your U.S. Naturalization certificate

* Note: A Declaration of Intent to become a U.S. citizen is required for non-world language subject areas. The form may be uploaded or mailed with a cover sheet. It should be submitted with the first TIMS application.

  1. Demographic Changes
    Click on View & Update Profile on the TIMS dashboard to change your address, telephone number, email address and other demographic information.


24 P.S. §12-1212

This revision supersedes all earlier CSPGs carrying this number and/or addressing this subject. Previous CSPG printing dates on this subject: 1/87, 7/04.​