CSPG 88 - Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction K-12
Modified: June 1, 2005
The Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction certificate area involves the science or art of the knowledge and competence required in addressing the provision of school curriculum and instruction services across the total grade organization and for all school-aged students in grades K-12.
Grade Level Scope of Certificate
A person holding a valid PA certificate as a Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction is qualified to serve and work in and with elementary, middle, secondary levels with students in grades K through 12.
An educator holding a valid PA certificate as a Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction is qualified to perform the following duties, functions and information:
- Supervision, instruction and evaluation of staff as designated by the school superintendent,
- Designation and development of curriculum, learning materials and innovative educational programs,
- Conduct experimental instructional programs,
- Direct and conduct basic or applied educational research,
- Supervision of the integration of technology into curricular planning and instructional design,
- Supervision of educational technology specialist, whenever employed.
An educator certified in this field may provide school staff development services regarding their collegial studies/skills.
The Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction certificate does not qualify the holder to perform administrative duties and functions reserved to other administrative certificates areas, with the exception of listed single area capacity.
The following certificates enable an individual to be assigned to the duties of Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction:
- District Superintendent and Assistant District Superintendent
- I. U. Executive Director and Assistant I. U. Executive Director
- Elementary Principal and Secondary Principal
- Comprehensive K-12 Principal
- Supervisor of Elementary Education (for Elementary Education only)
Program Specific Guidelines for Certification.
PA Public School Code: §1202, §1212, §1604
22 Pa Code: Chapter 4: §4.21, §4.22, §4.23
Chapter 49: §49.11
THIS REVISION SUPERSEDES ALL EARLIER CSPG’S CARRYING THIS NUMBER AND/OR ADDRESSING THIS SUBJECT. PREVIOUS PRINTING DATES ON THIS SUBJECT 1973, 3/75, 3/78, 2/82, 1/87