Begin Main Content Area


ANNOUNCEMENT: If the school is still in operation, you must contact the school directly to obtain a copy of your transcript. Please review the list of Private Academic Schools that have closed.

School Services Office, Private Academic Schools can assist you in searching for a transcript if you graduated from a Private Academic School that received licensure from the Private Academic School Board and has closed (providing they sent transcripts to us for archiving). This does not pertain to prior students that attended and graduated from Nonpublic, Non-licensed Schools (Operated by a Bona Fide Church or Religious Body). Please reach out to the bona fide religious entity that owned and operated the school. This does not pertain to PA Higher (college) and Adult Education Correspondence, Career or Trade Schools. Please contact the Division of Private Licensed Schools.

If you graduated from a PUBLIC school, you must contact the school directly. You can search the public school contact information using EdNA.

Requesting a Transcript

Please review the list of Private Academic Schools that have closed prior to submitting your request. If your school is not listed, we do not have the transcripts.

Instructions: Submit a written request to the School Services Office, Attn: PAS Transcripts, 607 South Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17120.

  1. the name of student at time of graduation
  2. current mailing address, email and phone number
  3. name of school;
  4. mailing address to send transcript; and
  5. $3.00 per copy, check or money order, made payable to the "Commonwealth of Pennsylvania."

If you are not the student or immediate relative of the student, please provide a release form with student's signature granting permission to the Department to release copy.

Please allow approximately four weeks to receive the requested copy.

PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE HARRISBURG OFFICE FOR YOUR TRANSCRIPT, you must send a request in writing along with payment.

The transcripts are not housed in the office.

Questions can be directed to non-public/private schools through email at

Catholic Schools

If the student graduated from a Catholic School and the school has closed, please contact the Diocese in which the Catholic school resided in.

If you are unable to locate the school on the list, or the school was not a Catholic school, we suggest that you contact the local school district in which the private school resided.