Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Refresher
Course Number: AL-231
Course Length: 1/2 Day (4 Hours)
The course is designed to provide approved Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST) Practitioners with current knowledge as it relates to the legal aspects of SFST, performance and procedures. This course will enhance the ability of the practitioner to apply and testify about Vertical Gaze Nystagmus, Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus, Walk and Turn and One Leg Stand tests.
Applicants for this course must be approved Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Practitioners.
The course curriculum includes the following:
- Review of Vehicle in Motion Phase
- Review of Personal Contact Phase
- Review and Update of Psychophysical Testing Phase
- Updates of Case Law and Testifying Requirements of Practitioners
- Current Use of SFST Results for DUI-Drug Enforcement