Ready to Learn Block Grant
The 2023-2024 Ready to Learn Block Grant appropriation is $295,000,000. Allocations will be distributed using the formula enacted in the Fiscal Code and will be equivalent to the amount appropriated for 2021-2022 per Act 55 of 22.
Login to e-grants through PDE Suites at: https://www.mypdeapps.pa.gov.
Login with your personal login for eGrants. If you do not have a login, contact the Agency User Administrator at your district who can add you and assign you the necessary roles.
Check that the date in the upper right hand corner shows 2023-2024 and that it shows Teaching and Learning Support. To change either of these, click on the item and a pop-up will allow you to make the change.
To begin a grant application:
- Click Grants Management, then Grant Profiles.
Click the Select icon (Pad and Pencil) beside the desired grant name.
(Ready to Learn)
- Click the Create Grant Application button and complete the short Create Grant
Complete all sections under Narratives and mark each section Complete (button at bottom of screen).
- In the Program Details section, for each strategy used,
select from the first column options of "Establish" a new strategy,
"Maintain" an existing strategy or "Expand" an existing strategy for the 2023-24 year.
- Indicate in the subsequent columns the amount of funding budgeted for each selected strategy
- Put the estimated number of students impacted by each selected strategy,
- Type an amplifying explanation of
how the strategy will be addressed through the funding.
- Check the verification that you have filled out the four (4) columns for each strategy selected.
- Workers Protection Form
- Submitting Plan:
- An Electronic Signature is now required to submit the Ready to Learn Grant.
- Select Complete Step in lower right of the Grant Application Detail (main) page
- Select Submit that appears in same space
- A green checkmark will appear at the top of the grant confirming that the plan has been submitted.
- Because there is no Budget section in this application, the Awarded Amount in the upper right corner of the Grant Application Detail page will remain at $0, even after the application has been reviewed and approved.
- November 30, 2023: Deadline to submit applications.
Acceptable Uses of Funds
- 24 P.S. Section 25-2599.2. Allowable uses are:
(a) Establishing, maintaining, or expanding
pre-kindergarten with current academic standards contained in 22 Pa. Code Ch.4.
(b) Establishing, maintaining, or expanding
full-day-kindergarten with current academic standards contained in 22 Pa. Code
Ch.4.Such programs shall be open for five hours each day for full school term.
A full-day kindergarten program may be offered to children between
four and six years old.
(c) Establishing, maintaining, or expanding a grades K-3
class-size reduction program. A minimum of one teacher for every 17 students or
two teachers for every 35 students conducting a class at any one time is
(d) Establishing, maintaining, or expanding programs that promote
the availability, coordination, integration and utilization of social and
health services, associated resources to meet needs of students and families.
(e) Provide tutoring assistance during the normal school day
provided that it is in addition to and does not interfere with student’s
regular schedule and does not supplant IEP services.
(f) Improving academic performance of subgroups
identified in NCLB Act of 2001.
(g) Establishing, maintaining, or expanding programs to assist
in building of strong science and applied-knowledge skills.
(h) Providing programs for professional education in math, science
and literacy-specific curriculum and instructional strategies, analysis of student
achievement data, exemplary practices, using technology and curriculum
(i) Establishing, maintaining, or
expanding math and literacy coaching programs.
(j) Providing financial incentives to
highly qualified tenured teachers to work in academically challenged schools or
providing financial incentives to aid in recruitment of certified teachers in
math, science, language arts or ELL.
(k) Establishing, maintaining, or
establishing a career awareness programs.
(l) Purchasing materials or extending
service hours for school libraries.
(m) Establishing, maintaining, or expanding programs
in world languages in elementary grades.
(n) Establishing, maintaining, or expanding
programs to strengthen high school curricula by providing college and career programs,
school-based counseling and professional development and offering APP courses
to increase academic achievement.
(o) Establishing, maintaining, or
expanding programs to provide intensive teacher training, professional
development and teacher resources to elementary science teachers.