Motorcycle Collision Investigation
Course Number: CL-307
Course Length: 3 Days (24 Hours)
All Collision Investigation Courses are being offered on a limited basis. Please call ILEE for further details.
This three-day program is designed for the experienced police officer, supervisor or traffic homicide investigator who wants to better understand the handling characteristics, design and speed factors affecting the reconstruction of motorcycle-involved collisions. Participants are involved in outdoor demonstrations and case projects.
The course curriculum includes the following:
- Identifying Motorcycle Components
- Analyzing Physical Evidence
- Identifying Collision Causation
- Human Factor Behavior
- Field Testing – Slide to Stop
- Speed Calculations and Techniques
- Helmets and Safety Equipment
- Damage Analysis