|Act 16 Fund Category Updates||Student Fact template - Special Education for Act 16 Report||Field 7: ACT 16 FUND CATEGORY
PIMS Manual Vol. 2: Appendix AJ
|Due to the 2.4% CPI (Consumer Price Index) increase: Update valid values for ACT 16 FUND CATEGORY.||Annual valid value updates:
1 – Description- $1.00 - $26,505.90
2 – Description- $26,505.91 - $53,011.82
3 – Description- $53,011.83 - $79,517.74
4 – Description- $79,517.75 and Over
|Home Language Updates||Student and Student Snapshot templates||Field 123:
HOME LANGUAGE CODE
PIMS Manual Vol. 2: Appendix J
|Deactivate invalid and/or unutilized values for HOME LANGUAGE CODE. These codes can be reactivated on an as needed basis.||Updates:
- Deactivate language codes that can
not identify a student as EL.
- Deactivate 205 language codes that have not been utilized in either PIMS or EDFacts.
|Staff Assignment Updates||Safe Schools staff data collection||Field 3: STAFF ASSIGNMENT CODE||Alignment of the individual security staff data collection into a single timeframe and set of rules in order to resolve current data quality issues.
Identifying school security staff by PPID will allow the tracking of school security personnel across LEAs.
- Change individual school security staff data collection from C6 -Safe Schools to C1 - October Staff and C6-Staff updates data sets.
- School security staff will be reported with a PPID.
- STAFF ASSIGNMENT CODE valid values update: Replace 9998 (School Security Personnel) with new codes: SPO (School Police Officer), SRO (School Resource Officer), and SSO (School Security Officer).
- STAFF QUALIFICATION STATUS CODE will be retired.
|Safe Schools & Special Education Tables 13 & 9A||Safe Schools/Special Education -Penn Data Table 13 and 9A data collection|| ||Table 13 data will only be collected via PIMS.|
Table 9A data will still be collected via PIMS
and Penn Data for another year of review in order to increase data quality.
- Table 13: Continue data collection via Safe Schools PIMS data collection. Retire data collection via Penn Data file submission.
- Table 9A: Continue data collection via both Safe Schools PIMS data collection and Penn Data file submission.
|Injury Severity - Incident Offender Template||Incident Offender template||
New Field: INJURY SEVERITY CODE||In order to meet School Code Section 1303A requirments: Injury severity must be collected for offenders.||Valid Values:|
1 – Offender did not sustain physical injury
3 – Injury but NOT serious bodily injury
4 – Serious bodily injury
5 – Death
|New EL Coordinator Collection||LEA EL Coordinator information|| ||The EL program office requires an improved method of collecting LEA's EL Coordinators and their contact information. ||The EL program office requires collection of this data for the following reasons:|
- Data submission to the test vendor (DRC) for ACCESS for ELLs test material shipment and test session setup.
- Communication with LEAs regarding collection requirements for data submission, testing, and data validation.
|CTE Industry Credentials||CTE Student Industry Credential Template||Field 7 - INDUSTRY CREDENTIAL CODE
PIMS Manual Vol. 2: Appendix Q
|In order to meet Perkins CTE Impovement Act of 2006 requirements: Update to valid values for INDUSTRY CREDENTIAL CODE.||Annual valid value updates:
- Remove 5 code
- Add 36 codes.
|Delivery Method Valid Value Updates||CTE Student Fact Template|
CTE Student Industry Credential Template
|Field 7: DELIVERY METHOD CODE|
Field 6: DELIVERY METHOD CODE
|In order to meet Chapter 339 Program requirements: Update valid values for DELIVERY METHOD CODE.||Valid value updates:|
50 – Occupational
60 – Tech Prep
70 – Program of Study
75 – Career and Technical
80 – Adult Affidavit Program
|CTE Status Type Updates||CTE Student Fact Template||Field 10 - CTE STATUS TYPE CODE|
PIMS Manual Vol. 2: Appendix P
|In order to meet Chapter 339 Program completion requirements: Update special education related verbiage in descriptions of valid values for CTE STATUS TYPE CODE. ||Update verbiage of valid values for 30 - COMPLETED CTE PROGRAM AND DID NOT GRADUATE, 40 - COMPLETED CTE PROGRAM AND GRADUATED, and 60-GRADUATED AND DID NOT COMPLETE CTE PROGRAM to: "...
necessary to achieve his/her career objective (or met appropriate related IEP objectives), on the state developed task list or met appropriate related IEP objectives..."|