Begin Main Content Area

Contact Certification Services

Before contacting Certification Services, please read the information below. If you have questions about:

Creating a TIMS account, resetting your username/password, updating your name, updating your address, or printing your certification, view the Help With TIMS page.

Issues with submitting your TIMS application: if you experience issues logging in to TIMS, please call the IT Help Desk: 717-783-1087. If you have questions about the application process in TIMS or experience an issue while submitting your application, please send a detailed email to and include a screenshot and/or the error message. Remember, we highly recommend using Internet Explorer or Firefox to access TIMS. Chrome and Safari users experience technical difficulties, which includes payment processing issues. Visit the Help With TIMS page for more information.

The status of your application can be viewed by logging into TIMS.  Status definitions can be found in the TIMS Frequently Asked Questions.

Tests required for certification, view the Certification Testing Requirements page. The “Certification Test and Score Requirements” link will outline the specific test name, test code, and passing scores needed.

Adding an instructional area through testing alone, view the information under Instructional Add-Ons.

Requirements needed for applicants prepared at a PA college or university, view the Applicants Prepared in PA page.

Requirements needed for applicants prepared or certified outside of PA, view the Applicants Prepared Out of State page.

Emergency permits, view the Emergency Permit page.

Validity of your Instructional I certificate or Level II requirements, view the Level II Certification page.

Act 48 Continuing Education requirement, with additional questions directed to the Act 48 office at following the information on the PDE website.

Contact Us

You can talk to our certification staff at 717-PA-TEACH (728-3224) or 717-787-3356

Our Certification Staff are currently available by Phone:
Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm

Please note: we are transitioning to a new phone system.
Please be patient as we work through this process over the next 4-6 weeks.
We encourage you to email your questions to: be sure to include the following:

Your name
Your PPID number or your date of birth
If your question is related to a specific application, please include the Application ID
A detailed description of your problem

How we can make the certification website better? Send your feedback to